Month: November 2017
In poker, even one mistake at a poker table could cost you money and make your opponent a big winner.
Are you just beginning to learn and play online poker? Thought to keep in mind is; poker is an easy game to learn but a hard skill to master. If you want to increase your chances of winning poker games, you have to be a master of your plays; know your weaknesses and strengths in poker. To master the game of poker, you have to;
- Look out and take advantage of as many opportunities as you can.
- Avoid making any mistake.
In this article, we are going to explain mistakes made by beginner online poker players and how to avoid them.
Make up your mind, whether you are playing poker for fun or money. Constant time and effort are required if you want to be an excellent poker player. While playing for fun does not need much practice, playing for cash calls for more seriousness and keenness.
Not understanding the game
If you are serious about winning poker, you will try to increase your knowledge in the game. Read poker books and other articles, watch tutorial videos or get a private coach.
Know all the standard terms and their definitions. You should also research on common poker table ‘slang’ and variants so that you can keep track of the game, efficiently. Remember to have familiarity with the different poker hands, to know which moves to make.
List of common poker variants:
- Texas Hold’em Poker
- Omaha Poker
- Seven-Card Stud Poker
- 2-7 Triple Draw Poker
- Seven-Card Stud 8 or Better
- Omaha-Hilo Poker
- Chinese Poker
- 2-7 Open-Face Chinese Poker
- Razz Poker
- Six-Plus Hold’em Poker
- Pineapple Open-Face Chinese Poker
List of poker hands
- Royal flush – Combination of queen, ten, jack, ace, king and the best hand you can get in Texas Hold’em
- Straight flush – Five cards of the same ensemble, in a sequence
- Four of a kind – Four cards which match numerically
- Full house – Combination of a pair and three of a kind in the same hand
- Flush – Any five cards of the same suit
- Straight – Five cards of any suits in a sequence
- Three of a kind – any three cards with matching numerical
- Two pair – Two unlike couples in the same hand
- One pair – Two cards with matching numerical
- High card – The most top poker card, with ace as the highest and two as the lowest
Relying on coin flips
Beginner players suffer from over copying TV poker without spending enough time mastering the game. TV players continuously are searching for flips on the poker table. Beginner players often get excited to take coin flips, to increase their time on the table.
However, it is not right to be desperate for a pre-flop coin flip. Cash-game poker is not the same as tournament poker. It is only in the last stages of a tournament game, where players can search for a hand with any showdown value and put it all-in with pre-flop. In a cash game, the only hands that players seek to push with pre-flops will almost comprise pocket pairs and A-K.
If you can understand the players you are up against, you can be able to increase your earnings. That is where poker bluffing comes in. Making a well-times bluff could help you make a win or lose. The whole point of bluffing is to make your opponents fold the best hands. A sensible should make your opponents think that you are holding cards to beat them. Before making a bluff ask yourself, “How would I have acted if I were my opponents.”
Not understanding poker positions
You should understand all the positions of poker. The ‘dealer,’ also known as ‘button’ plays last in a betting round, giving this position a tactical advantage. The ‘button’ position changes after every hand, so that the game remains fair. It is wiser to take advantage when playing more hands when in ‘late’ position or after other players.
Whether you are an international or uk online poker, we hope that the above online poker tips will help you. Beginners poker can turn successful, as long as there is adequate focus and an online poker strategy.